We’re happy to announce that our postponed Community Genius Bar on will take place this coming Saturday, 28 February, 2014 from 10a – 2p.
The location for this Genius Bar will be:
The Dornsife Center
3509 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
The event will take place in the School Building (Ryan Hall) S108 and street parking will be available.
We are looking forward to helping you with any and all of your technological needs, but in order to serv you better, please note the following:
- If you are bringing a laptop or tablet computer, please bring your power adapter as well.
- If your tablet charges with a USB cable, please bring the USB cable in addition to the charger you normally use.
- If you are bringing a desktop, please bring just the desktop. We’ll have power cords and monitors with us. However, if your issue is with your monitor, please bring your monitor and any cables and/or adapters associated with it.
- Sometimes, there are issues that are too complex to fix on the spot. We also cannot guarantee a fix we make will be permanent nor that it is the best fix possible, but we’ll always try our best. If your device is in still under warranty, we strongly recommend contacting your manufacturer’s support instead, but we’ll still be happy to take a look.
- If your repair is something that requires an expensive and unique replacement part, the most common example being “the screen on my device is smashed”, we be unable to help. This is because
- 1) It requires a complete screen replacement – these parts are expensive and unique to manufacturers (i.e. we would have to have replacement screens for every make and model device possible, which is not feasible. Think how certain cars parts can’t be swapped between cars!)
- 2) Screen replacement often takes several hours to complete – spanning longer than the duration of the event.
In contrast to the above point, software based repairs or repairs that use non-manufacturer-specific hardware are perfect for these types of events. (Think ‘car oil change’ type work!)
We hope to see you there!